Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Scary tales....just in time for Halloween

apparently I only post on Wednesday's...but I broken my only writing once a month streak!!! DO you ever have days that you would love to launch certain people from a catapult....come on raise you hands....you know you do. If I'm one of those people that you would like to launch well good luck because I know better that to get close to a catapult now! well today was one of those days, and I know that in a few days the feeling will be gone but for now the image is enough to sustain me. On to bigger and better things I have the story of the century....It will be enough to drive people from EVER visiting our house again....and on a side( note walker just walked in with a laundry basket over his head ...the same laundry basket that we just full of clean clothes from the dryer...where are they now?) Back to story: So for those of you who know we live 1 house away from a LARGE field...and living so close to nature brings....unexpected friends like field mice. When we moved into our house about 4 1/2 years ago we had a mouse problem, they got into our pantry, and were eating our food and it was maddening we killed like 3 mice the last one being a tragic and gut wrenching experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life...but that is a different story for a different time. Anyway we did this huge cleaning job and put every thing in plastic containers and haven't seen our mice buddies since then (about 3 yrs). SO imagine our surprise on Monday when we heard a noise by the dishwasher....so we pulled the 4 drawers we have that are vertical and there chilling in the corner is a little tiny mouse...David reaction was of"look how little and cute it is"... my reaction is "oh look and at all the possible diseases it could carry"... seriously it was just sitting there...I'm not kidding. David and I sat and talked about how to best get rid of it for like 10 min and the mouse just sat there....(if I were a mouse, and I had just been discovered, I would have gotten out of there so fast it would have left that fake cartoon smoke) So David and I decided to try to hit it and he grabbed the broom and the mouse took off (maybe he has a 10 min delay)...so we decided to clean thatarea up, because it never made it into our first mouse clean up...when suddenly David says "oh my gosh that is disgusting" so of course I have to come running to see it... and down on the floor are some old glue traps, they were before we moved in because the ones i bought were different, anyway stuck on one of the glue traps was a mouse skeleton....yes a mouse skeleton!!!!! it had to have been there for quite a few years before we moved in because it was TOTALLY decayed, the hair and skin and everything was gone...it was one of those GROSS, but let me look at it closer things...David was a saint and "took care" of it. Then we stuffed steel wool into any holes, and put new glue traps everywhere, and redid all the old mouse favorites...it was just what we wanted to do on a Monday night. I'm sure we violated some fire codes by pulling the oven out in front of the fridge and still cooking a pizza in it as we moved it and cleaned...but hey we have a gross/cool story right. Quinten was kind enough to inform the Missionaries that we have rats and dead rats in our house....we then had to explain that there is a world of difference between rats and field mice...funny but the missionaries didn't eat as much as normal...hmmmmm why?
next story...
I'm a big advocate of "not all education can come from school"... there are some things that our children have to learn by being around peers and being in social setting...you know good old social skills. I love my son Quinten but he's stepping into the awkward years and I'm trying to rid him of some habit that in the future, if not curbed, could annoy the crap out of people....with that in mind we went to my mom's last night to watch Indiana Jones 4 and Quinten hit on one of the most annoying social skills you can have....talking during a movie!!!!!! Not only that, he's never seen it, and he was being SO annoying ... for instance in the beginning they pull Indiana and his friend from the trunk of a car and Quinten says "isn't that illegal"....then he points out something else and is like "that's not very safe"...but I reached my limit when Indiana and Mutt are on his motorbike, trying to get away and quinten is like I thought it was illegal to ride a motorcycle with out a helmet" AGGGGHHHH It was like the incredible movie hulk burst forth and I told him to watch the movie and enjoy it instead of being on safety patrol....I give you my word that I will do my utmost to eradicate this behavior from my child and teach him the joy of watching a movie silently with others...I will succeed...I must! One last blurb and I swear i will release you....walker fell asleep in the middle of the hallway with the laundry basket half on him...it looks like it might have been and epic battle and it just might have worn him out...but who won?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so my mouth actually dropped open when I read about the mouse skeleton. That's disgusting!! I hate mice too. Jared used to buy them to feed to his lizards. It was sad b/c they were kinda cute, and you knew they would die soon.
Talk you later! -Stacey, (who doesn't have a cool blog) :(

Natalie said...

Hilarious!!!! I was laughing and cringing....i hate mice more than anything in this world.I forgot how funny you were, i miss MO. and all you fun people!!!
Natalie