Saturday, October 18, 2008

cleaning pretty much stinks

There is a saying that goes something like this " God is in the details"....but I would like to tell you that after Friday I believe that "satan is in the details". Please let me explain, so Friday I thought ohhh we have someone coming over this evening so I'd better tidy up the kitchen and the living room. So i walk into the kitchen and because my kitchen is like a hallway with appliances. If you eat a bowl of cereal the kitchen looks trashed...well I walk in and I say hmmm my kitchen is cluttered...I'll load the dishwasher, after this was done I began to clear off the counters and realized the fridge was dirty so I cleaned the fridge and I noticed the outside was dirty and the magnets were disorganized...after that was done I noticed that the dishwasher had finished so as I was putting the utensils away I thought this needs to be cleaned up...which led to the cabinets, and then to the wall where I keep my post-it notes full of random numbers, which led to back to the bedroom, which led to the bathroom, which led to the....realization that althought this was great cleaning I now had an hour to shower and STILL clean the living room. I got so wrapped up in the little thing I failed to get to the big things...curse you O.C.D. tendencies! Now I wanted to post this on my facebook page but I ran out of room, seriously facebook sent a message saying " Seriously Caryn quit typing" can you believe it? So leave it to me to spend hours in my house on the "details" and forget the big picture...which of course was to clean just enough of my house to make it look like it was all clean! For my next feat I will attempt to publish a few picture....please DO NOT hold your breath!

No comments: