Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wait I actually have a valid post

i just remembered that this is my blog so I can talk about me!!!! Okay so for those of you who don't know I'm the 1st Counselor in the Young Women's presidency and that means that occasionally I get to go and do some cool activities with our really fun Youth. Well this last Sat. we went shooting...with real shotguns not BB guns, or air rifles, or Nerf guns. We drove down to Harrisonville at a silly hour in the morning (like 8am, which strikes me as unsafe because who wants to give a groggy person a gun?!?) and we got all ready and stuck in the odd earplugs which drowned out the world so you were left alone with you thoughts (I'm still trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing). I of course HAD to try it so I stepped up and got the massive gun ready and they had me shoot a milk carton to make sure my aim was...well good. I of course nailed the stationary milk jug (I'm sure the milk jug wishes I had missed), now came the real test i got the gun reloaded and got ready...screamed pull (because we all had earplugs in we had to scream so others could hear us). and with unsurpassed grace I blew that clay disc out of the sky....yes folks my first time shooting skeet I hit it...did I mention it was my first time. I of course over reacted and maybe I did I small victory dance...I can't recall...once that moment of glory was up I stepped up to my second try. ...."PULL!!!!" and HOLY COW I blew that second disc into oblivion....and I may have turned around and rubbed it in a few faces....who knows I was on a shooters high (is there such a thing). by my third try as I pulled the gun up I noticed it shaking and realized that I had jelly arms...yes I am that pathetically weak that after hold the gun up three times my little bird arms were shot (no pun intended)... so I naturally missed the next few, but my second time around I hit 2 more for a grand total of 4 hits out of ten shots.... It was very cool to go shooting, and actually hit something....and a big thanks to the youth for letting me shoot. Okay so that was my story I was pretty proud and i feel I'm allowed to post stuff like this.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

It sounds like you are a natural. You should look into joining the Olympic shooting team.

The Olsen Crew said...

Okay, so you shoot well...actually I am very impressed because I have gone shooting with Danny and I cannot hit the broad side of a barn (or even a broad for that matter). I cannot believe you did not call Danny to brag. That is awesome Caryn! Did you enjoy it, though. That is the big question