Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life is one big Roller Coaster

well I think that the title sums it all up....I was on such an amazing high yesterday with the successful birth of my blog...and in mere moments it all came crashing down to the floor, with me calling David in a fit of tears. What happened Caryn, you ask. Well after spending some "alone" time in the restroom with my trusty DS i set it on the counter and decided that it was time to get some work done! So I put my hairdryer away and that started a chain reaction that resulted in my DS falling....No jumping of the counter and doing a double flip into a jack-knife landing with no splash the toilet (okay that was a bit over the top)....And I know what you are thinking, but I had flushed earlier and it was clear, clean water....Not that my DS cared about that as it sunk to the bottom while absorbing as much water as possible. But my wonderful and calm husband did some research and found that DS toilet duckings happen quite frequently....so now we are waiting to it to dry out... it works, but one of the screens is still water logged. Oh the Drama!! But honestly besides that it was great day... i got dressed yesterday and decided on a whim that I would wear my cute little sun dress...so i put it on and came skipping out to the kitchen where Quinten said to me
"what's the matter mom, did you run out of clean pants?"
and I realized, as the air deflated out of my balloon of perkiness, that I've never in the last 10years have worn a dress just cause....I've always worn them for church but that is it...it was sad and funny at the same time.
and to end and round off my day we stayed up and played the Christensens in Mario Kart....I'd love to brag about the way I threw banana peels at David or shot Jamie with a red shell but I pretty much came in last in every game....except for Rainbow road because david was to busy eating Ice Cream....I came in 3rd instead of 4th....so there Jamie I blogged about it...ha ha I shall see you again my Nemesis on the track!!!!!!

5 comments:

Christensen family said...

You crack me up! you know as well as i do that you were REALLY out of clean pants yesterday! No really I loved the dress. More so I loved that you were still wearing it at midnight. Here it is 9:00 our time and I am already in my P.J's!!!

Christensen family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christensen family said...

Seriously...how is is DS? I never heard if it works??? I hope so. Let us know if you are ON for a Kartin' time tonight!

Unknown said...

Please...I believe it was me who came in last every time!

ps...that dress is really cute!

The Maschger Family said...

I am not sure what is more disturbing..."DS time on the pot", OR blogging about it! :-) Admittedly, it makes for a uniquely entertaining read! :-)