Tuesday, February 3, 2009

more Little America

This post is for my idol Heidi, whom I have a blog crush on. So I now know that you are also a traveler of i-80...so Little America was like the "we are actually getting close to having this ordeal over with" point. We always did potty breaks there and ate ice cream there... to this day I swear someone brings it up and I have to use the restroom and crave a vanilla cone (I preferred the vanilla over chocolate or twist). Anyway now when we stop on our way out to Idaho we stop because they have some of the nicest bathrooms around (you go to the convenience store by the gas pumps) and by nice I mean when you go in it is floor to ceiling walls so I can take my kids in with me and not worry about them crawling under four stalls while I'm trying to get my pants up. I even had a "blow out" with one of my children, and so I had to spend like 20 min in that restroom area giving my child a sink bath and changing clothes...its a good bathroom! But my best memory was when David and I got married we had to drive out to MO so the day after our wedding we headed out, but we "lingered" to long and got quite a late start and we went from Provo to Little America (like 4 hrs) and we decided that we were too tired and need to stop so we stayed at the Little America hotel....now it was 1998 but OH MY GOSH the rooms were ghastly. We apparently got the red room...guess what it was decorated in...guess. Red carpet, red vinyl chairs, red and white print curtains and spread....in was nauseating.... and they had 3 channel...TOTAL...and we actually watched on....called "Let's Eat"it was on the eating habits of insects.....how's that for our second night together! we have a chuckle when ever we go back to visit and say remember when we were to lazy to drive 45min more and get a normal hotel room.....has any one else stayed there? where there different colored themed rooms...have they remodeled? anyone ? Bueller? Bueller?

1 comment:

heidi said...

for some reason i never knew that you could stay at little america. really. in my mind it was just a big ice cream place that you passed on your way to utah. i guess it makes sense that all those rooms are for sleeping.